Kristin nominated me for the beautiful blogger award! How crazy awesome is that!? I feel a little bit silly, seeing as I just barely changed my blog template entirely... But I do love it... SO. Thanks, Kristin! She also has a blog all about cool crafts and sewing projects she's doing--so fun. You can check it out HERE! Anyhoo!
As a recipient of this award, I must:
1. Thank the person nominating you for the award.
2. Copy the award to my blog.
3. Place a link to their blog.
4. Name 7 tidbits people don't know about you from reading your blog.
5. Nominate 7 bloggers.
6. Place a link to those bloggers.
7. Leave a comment letting those bloggers know about the reward.
Who do I nominate? This was actually tough. I went and looked at the blogs of all my buddies and I thought they were all so fun! But here are my seven choices:
Obviously, their actual blog is beautiful and cute and everything--I just wanted to add some extra tidbits about why else I love their blogs. Just for fun.
1. Meagan--cute blog, plus she's an amazing writer!
2. Amy--amazing craft-ster. Yup. I made that up. I'm just. that. cool.
Plus, she's one of my favorite people ever. Also--awesome laugh. :)
3. Adriane--my sister. AND hilarious. Love.
4. Sarah (private)--one of my besties from high school.
I LOVE the yellow Hawaiian print. It is just plain ol' fabulous. :)
5. Melanie--her kids are hilarious. Love the stories and videos.
6. Rachel--she and her husband Nick are trying to adopt right now.
Go to their blog and add their button to your blog to help them out!
Also, their "It's About Love" profile can be found HERE.
7. Lyndi (also private)--she has the most fantastic shamrock template right now that I ADORE.
I wish you all could see it!!
Tidbits About ME!
1. When it comes to getting dinner on the table, I stink. No, really. And I've only gotten worse. I like to blame it on the fact that Kirby is gone half the nights of the week at work, so it's hard to fall into a schedule. But really--I just forget to plan ahead, and then suddenly it's dinner time and we don't want to make something--at least not anything that takes more than 5 minutes. This is something I really want to change now that little Emily has joined our family. I'm a firm believer in the importance of a regular dinner time, and all that. So! Any recipes anyone wants to share? :)
2. The hair on the back of my head grows out in zig-zags. It's hard to tell when it's grown out like it is now, but if you look at the roots--Yup. Zigging and zagging all over the place!
3. I have a new found love of tuna fish sandwiches. We have a TON of tuna fish in our pantry thanks to WIC, so one night I bought some sweet relish at Kirby's request, and he mixed up a delicious sandwich--mustard, mayo, relish, and tuna. So. Stinkin. Good.
4. I love to get Kirby surprises. Only problem is, we think it's fun to tell each other when we have a surprise up our sleeves, and Kirby usually figures mine out before I give it to him. BUT--I've got one in the works right now that I mentioned in passing, and I don't think there's any way he'll guess it... :)
5. I want a cake. Right now. Chocolate cake. Chocolate frosting. Delicious.
6. My favorite flower is probably the gerber daisy. But I also adore white roses. And sometimes--I'll see a flower bouquet arranged so beautifully that I want it so bad, just so I can look at it all day.
7. Speaking of looking at things... I have this funny habit of buying scrapbook paper. Do I scrapbook? No. I just like to look at it. Mmmmm...
The. End. :)